If you are a student on budget who likes to meet new people or just a cost conscious travellers or just someone who wants to live with a local while on holiday, then couch surfing is for you. Couch surfing is a social and travel phenomenon. The concept allows individuals to leverage the hospitality of friendly people around the world who open their homes to travellers. Couch surfing is a remarkable way to travel for cheap, and travellers of all budgets could take advantage of this model. Couchsurfing.org is the hospitality website credited with starting the trend more than a decade ago. It now boasts more than nine million members across 120,000 cities worldwide, with membership rising rapidly every day. Couch surfing is a concept that gives travellers an opportunity to stay with locals in every country on earth.
1. Couch surfing is a concept that gives travelers an opportunity to stay with locals in every country on earth. You can travel like a local, stay in someone’s home and experience the world in a way money can’t buy.
2. It is a wonderful way to discover a city. There’s a community of Couchsurfers in almost every city that have weekly language exchanges, dance classes, hikes and dinners. It is a brilliant way to make new friends.
There will be no room service or clean sheets every day. Remember to carry your bedding – whilst some hosts will offer you theirs, it’s often easier to bring your own.
3. There will be no room service or clean sheets every day. Remember to carry your bedding – whilst some hosts will offer you theirs, it’s often easier to bring your own.
4. Set aside some time to chat with your hosts. Most hosts host people because they like to meet new people from all over the world so do indulge in conversation. Also, local people are excellent resources for interesting stuff in their city.
5. A small token of appreciation is a good gesture on your part. Hosts offer to put you up free of charge as an act of kindness; little gifts could a step in reciprocation of the kindness bestowed upon you.
6. While couch surfing is a very effective way of travelling saving you hundreds of foreign currency but it is advisable that you do not be too much of a drain on your hosts. Try and eat as many meals outside as possible and at some point offer to cook (if you have any culinary skills that is). One could even talk their hosts’ out for dinner.
For the best deals on foreign exchange – one must buy the same from home, that too well ahead in time.
While your accommodation and a few meals are taken care of you still have to spend money on sightseeing internal commute, shopping and eating. There is still a need to plan expenses. For the best deals on foreign exchange – one must buy the same from home, that too well ahead in time. Do buy a variable mix of foreign currency in a combination of: cash and travel card. This is a safe measure against any unfortunate eventualities.
Buy forex at the best rates on DoorstepForex.com! Click here!