Online travel insurance policy
Wohoo! Here’s the details of your travel insurance policy that comes with a bundle of advantages.
Medical Expenses (including transportation, evacuation and repatriation of mortal remains)
- Our overseas travel insurance covers you for any emergency medical expenses incurred by you or any of your family members whilst abroad, for anything from sudden illness, injury or death.
- We also provide emergency expenses towards medical evacuation to India.
- We cover the cost of transporting the mortal remains of the deceased back home or the costs towards burial abroad, in the case of one’s untimely demise.
- It’s bad enough seeing the dentist when you’re travelling. We cushion the blow by covering dental expenses incurred by you, or any of your family members, for any anaesthetic dental treatment due to an injury.
Personal Accident and Accidental Death
- We pay compensation if you or any of your family members sustain bodily injury during the trip. Now, now, extreme sports don’t count!
- The policy also provides compensation for death or permanent disability arising due to an accident while riding as a passenger in a common carrier.
Loss of passport
- In case of loss of passport, we will reimburse the cost of obtaining a fresh or duplicate passport. How cool is that!
Delay or Total loss of checked-in baggage
- I f your checked-in baggage is delayed more than 12 hours, expenses incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing, medication, etc. shall be reimbursed.
- The policy will compensate you for the total loss of checked-in baggage caused by a common carrier. Let’s hope this doesn’t happen ‘cause you can’t put a price tag on those carefully hand-picked gifts!
Trip delay, cancellation & interruption
- Additional expenses shall be reimbursed in case your trip is delayed for more than 12 hours due to airline problems, medical problems, personal employment problems or natural disasters.
- If your trip is cancelled or interrupted due to any medical emergency, personal employment problems or natural disaster, compensation for any non-refundable payments or additional expenses incurred will be paid.
- If you miss a connecting flight due to a delay of more than 3 hours, then any additional expenses incurred by you will be reimbursed.
- We reimburse the return fare for an immediate family member to visit you in the unfortunate event of you being hospitalised for more than seven consecutive days. Yes, we are nice people.
- We offer compensation for liability/damages paid to a third party in the case of death, injury or damage to health or property that is caused involuntarily by you or your family member abroad. Again, let’s just hope for the best.
Financial emergency assistance
- We arrange for emergency cash to be made available to you in case of loss of travel funds due to theft. How convenient!
Home burglary insurance
- We also provide insurance against any burglary of the contents of your home in India while you are travelling abroad, so you don’t have to worry during your trip.
Hijack distress allowance
- In case of hijack of the common carrier that you or any of your family members is travelling in for more than 12 hours, we pay a special distress allowance. Don’t get too excited, hijacks are not like they show in the movies and you’ll spend it all in therapy anyways.
- Pre-existing medical conditions that are not life-threatening
- Suicide, self-inflicted injury or illness
- Mental disorders, anxiety, stress or depression
- Venereal diseases, alcohol/drug abuse, HIV/AIDS
- Travelling against the advice of a physician
- People who are either receiving or are on a waiting list for specified medical treatment
- Travelling for the purpose of medical treatment
- Those who have received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition
- Theft or loss of passport when left unattended or not informed to police authorities
- In case of loss of checked-in baggage, no partial loss or damage shall become payable
- War or nuclear threat